The biggest arrivals from Nikon DSLR in 2017.
If DSLR camera is the matter of discussion, there is no option to avoid the name, Nikon. Each year the Brand adds newer technology to their products. Nikon always tries to catch the concentration of all most all the camera lovers in the world. As a result, they bring a camera for the professionals as well as for the beginners also.
As usually, Nikon has brought a number of good DSLR cameras in the market in 2017 and here a list of those cameras is going to be placed. The list has been made by the experts of this field.
A long and intense observation has been conducted to make the list below. The cameras discussed below are for the beginners, professionals, fashion, portrait, wedding and landscape photography.
At least 2 years ago Nikon launched their unique product D4-the SLR. It was a great success in the market from Nikon’s point of view. This year Nikon thought to refresh the product and Nikon D4S is the refreshment. This is without any doubt the greatest ever combination of excellent skill of efficacy of the company. It provides an extra fast shooting along with options for pro video. So, don’t miss the chance of enjoying the contiguity of Nikon D4S.
This camera is not so much exceptional in its look than D4. No major change is found from outside the camera because the change has been taken place inside the device. Its inside is made of the alloy of Magnesium.
Configuration of Nikon D4S in brief
The key features of Nikon D4S are as below-
- CMOS sensor which is 16 megapixel and full-frame.
- ISO 100-25,600 (possible to expand to ISO 50-409,600)
- Like D4 it has 51-point autofocus
- Expeed 4 processing
- It has Group Area AF that helps to track accurate subject with fewer difficulties
- The size is small (about 8 megapixels) and it is raw
- It provides 1080/60p video at 42 Mbps for about 10 minutes. It is also able to take video for about 20 minutes at 24 Mbps
- Continuous shooting of 11 fps with continuous AE/AF
- XQD card slots
- Compact flash
- Transitions are smooth at the time of shooting interval.
- The battery is EN-EL 18a and as a result, 3020 shots are possible after every charge.
- The port is Gigabit Ethernet to support WT-5A wireless transmitter.
This is actually the gist of the camera but the detail is here.
Detail specification of Nikon D4S
Now the detail specification of the camera is here in the below-
Type of the Body
|Body material||Magnesium alloy|
|Body type||Large SLR|
|Max resolution||4928 x 3280|
|Other resolutions||4096 x 2720, 4096 x 3280, 3696 x 2456, 3200 x 2128, 3072 x 2456, 3072 x 2040, 2464 x 1640, 2400 x 1592, 2048 x 1360, 2048 x 1640, 1600 x 1064|
|Effective pixels||16 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||17 megapixels|
|Image ratio w:h||5:4, 3:2|
|Sensor size||Full frame (36 x 23.9 mm)|
|Color filter array||RGB Color Filter Array|
|Color space||sRGB, AdobeRGB|
|Auto, ISO 100-25600 (expands to 50-409600)|
|Yes (4 slots)|
|RAW + TIFF|
|Fine, normal, basic|
|NEF (12-bit or 14-bit, lossless compressed RAW or compressed), TIFF, NEF+JPEG, JPEG|
FOCUS AND OPTICS
|Autofocus||· Contrast Detect (sensor)|
· Phase Detect
· Selective single-point
· Live view
· Face detection
|Autofocus assist lamp||No|
|Number of focus points||51|
|Focal length multiplier||1×|
|Lens mount||Nikon F|
VIEWFINDER AND SCREEN
|Screen type||TFT LCD with brightness and color adjustment|
|Viewfinder type||Optical (pentaprism)|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/8000 sec|
|Minimum shutter speed||30 sec|
|Exposure modes||Shutter-priority (S),|
Programmed auto with flexible program (P),
|External flash||Yes (via hot shoe, flash sync port)|
|Flash modes||· Rear-curtain,|
· Auto FP high-speed sync,
· redeye reduction,
· slow rear-curtain sync,
· redeye reduction w/slow sync
|Flash X-sync speed||1/250 sec|
|Drive modes||Single frame/ Continuous high speed/ Continuous low speed/ Self-timer/Mirrorup/Quiet shutter-release.|
|Self-timer||Yes (2-20 seconds, 1-9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 seconds)|
|Continuous drive||11.0 fps|
|AE Bracketing||±5 (2, 3, 5, 7 frames at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|Exposure compensation||±5 (at 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 1 EV steps)|
|WB Bracketing||Yes (2-9 frames in steps of 1, 2, or 3)|
|Resolutions||1920 x 1080 (60, 50, 30, 25, 24 fps), 1280 x 720 (60, 50 fps), 640 x 424 (30, 25 fps)|
|Videography notes||Bit rates for 1080/60p: 24Mbps (20 min limit), 42Mbps (10 min limit)|
|Storage types||CompactFlash, XQD|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Remote control||Yes (wired or wireless)|
|Wireless notes||via WT-5A or WT-4A|
|Environmentally sealed||Yes (Water and dust resistant)|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||3020|
|Battery description||Lithium-Ion EN-EL18a rechargeable battery & charger|
|Dimensions||160 x 157 x 91 mm (6.3 x 6.18 x 3.58″)|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||1350 g (2.98 lb / 47.62 oz)|
|Time lapse recording||Yes(9999 shots)|
|GPS notes||via GP-1A|
You can now easily get you desired one.
Similarities and dissimilarities between D4S and Nikon D4
Though it has already been said that there are very little dissimilarities between the Nikon D4 and newly arrived Nikon D4S, still there are some noteworthy changes in the latest version.
The major points are here-
- In both cases, the Sensors are the same and it is 2MP FX-format CMOS.
- But the Processing of D4 is Expeed 3 and the Processing of D4S is Expeed 4.
- There is a big gap in the Standard ISO Range between D4 and D4S. It is 100-12800 for D4 and 100-25,600 for D4S.
- There is a significant dissimilarity between the cameras in case of Expanded ISO Range also which are 50-204,800 and 50-409,600
- On the other hand, Nikon D4 does not contain Group AF Area and maintain focus point at the time of changing orientation but D4S contains Group AF Area and maintains focus point at the time of changing orientation.
- The Continuous shooting w/AFIS very close in the cameras. It is 10 fps in Nikon D4 and 11 in D4S.
- In D4 Top Active D-Lighting option is Extra High but in D4S it is Extra High 2.
- The memory cards are the same in both cameras and it is Compact Flash, XCD.
- Again Top Movie Resolution 1080/30p (24Mbps) in D4 which is 1080/60p (42 or 24Mbps) in D4S.
- The Interval Shooting Limit of Nikon D4 is 999 shots but it is 9999 shots in D4S.
- In the case of Ethernet, 100Mbps is for D4 and 1000Mbps is for D4S.
- There is a significant dissimilarity in a case of Battery life between Nikon D4 and D4S. Nikon D4 can shoot 2600 shots after every charge and the number is 3020 in Nikon D4S. (with EN-EL18a battery)
- The battery is a very vital change in Nikon D4S. It was EN-EL18in D4 but EN-EL18a, EN-EL18 is used in D4S.
Thus, very easily it can be speculated that there are some significant changes in Nikon D4S.
Which change provides which benefit!!
Change is the rule of nature and thus people like changes. But the changes must have some benefits, isn’t it? Off course ‘YES’! Nikon has brought about significant changes in their latest camera Nikon D4S which is an improvement of D4. But what will the changes provide us newly? OR why has Nikon changed those features?
The answers to all such questions are here accumulated.
Change 1- Expeed 4 processor instead of Speed 3.
Benefits- Wider ISO range up to 409600.
Change 2- A shorter travel distance of mirror.
Benefits- Reduces the blackout time of viewfinder.
Change 3- Better Processing system.
Benefit- The top burst rate has been enhanced up to 11 fps (with AF).
Change 4– Exposure system has been changed.
Benefit- Can detect a face from the start to fix to meter at the time of using OVF.
Change 5- Interval shooting has been enhanced.
Benefit- 9999 shots can be taken up in every sequence.
Change 6– Auto ISO feature at the time of manual exposure mode.
Benefit- Shutter speed can be chosen and a camera can decide its own ISO.
Change 7– An Exposure Comp button has been added.
Benefit- Exposure compensation can be applied to choose the brightness of the image.
Change- EN-EL 18a battery.
Benefit- Per charge 3020 shots.
So, it is now no more difficult to find out the reason why you will change your Nikon D4 and get the new D4S OR if you will keep the oldie. From all point of views, Nikon D4S will be the Top-Notch of 2017 DSLR era.
You may Like